SMC Business Profile
All of SMC’s current operations are conducted in a single, modern, secure 250,000 square foot manufacturing facility comprised of three adjoining buildings that house production, quality assurance, material storage, purchasing, human resource, materials management and maintenance departments and an adjoining building where administration offices are located. SMC’s facility is located in the community of Fort Totten on the Spirit Lake Nation Reservation in Benson County, North Dakota. The original 72,000 square foot building was enlarged to its present size in stages between 1983 and 1985. The condition of the physical plant is sound and adequate for the Company’s existing and projected needs. The buildings and grounds are monitored by onsite security personnel twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.
The Company derives its income exclusively from the manufacture of products and delivery of services. Revenue comes from work where SMC purchases raw materials and pre-fabricated parts and converts and/or assembles these items into other ready-to-install parts, components and subassemblies that are incorporated by customers into higher-level systems and subsystems. Other sales come from orders where SMC refurbishes previously manufactured items supplied to the Company as Government Furnished Material (GFM). SMC is a build-to-print business that works to specifications and drawings developed and maintained by its customers; (SMC does not design or develop products and it is not a distributor). The sales backlog includes orders directly from the Government where SMC is a prime contractor as well as orders where SMC is a first or second tier subcontractor.
SMC’s customer base includes Government entities (almost exclusively the Department of Defense), privately owned commercial businesses and to a lesser extent, foreign owned companies that do work for U.S. based Military contractors. SMC’s major customers are prime contractors of Military land vehicles and ship builders, Navy and Army depots and bases located on both coasts and states in between, throughout the United States. SMC also exports some products to friendly, non-US customers.
SMC has all of the disciplines in place needed to successfully manage and operate a business engaged in the manufacture of complex military products for the United States Department of Defense. Established policies, procedures, documentation and reporting systems that are consistent with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, The applicable Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and other Federal, State and local laws and regulations are in place. Departments in all critical business management areas are in place and staffed by experienced and qualified individuals including in the areas of Contract Management, Human Resources, Engineering, Purchasing, Material Control, Accounting, Configuration Management, Information Technology, Production Planning and Control and Facilities Management.
Sioux Manufacturing Corporation
1115 Dakotah Drive
Fort Totten, North Dakota 58335
- Business Status: SMC is a minority-owned and operated Small Business recognized by the Small Business Administration (SBA); SMC is self-certifying Small Disadvantage Business (SDB)
- SAM Registration: SMC is registered with, and maintains an active profile active at the System for Award Management website SAM.gov
- UEI: GV6WMAJUK1R9
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR):
- Quality System:SMC maintains a quality management system that is compliant with and certified to ASQ/ANSI/ISO 9001:2015.
- Click here for Certification of Registration.
- CAGE/MFR Code: 53119
- Primary NAICS Codes:
- 326130: Laminated Plastics, Plate, Sheet and Shape Manufacturing
- 336992: Military Armored Vehicle, Tank and Tank Components Manufacturing
- 313320: Fabric Coating Mills
- 313210: Broadwoven Fabric Mills
- 326199: All Other Plastics Product Manufacturing
- 339999: All Other Miscellaneous Manufacturing
- Dun & Bradstreet: 068155423
- State Department Registered: M13054
- SPRS Score: TBD